Jul 16, 2009

I NEED A VACATION FROM MY VACATION

DAY 1

DSCF1963

DSCF1964

DSCF1969

I was having so much fun. Then….

CCI07162009_00000.bmp

The day before my hubby got home from Iraq, I decided to do one last thing to my Motor home. My neighbor boy is my local mechanic and all I was supposed to do was hold a part while he unbolted it.  We have been working on it for a month and were always so careful to block the tires and jack it just right but we were in a hurry and forgot.

DSCF2037

DSCF2038

We’re okay but it really put a damper on things. My ribs still hurt but were not broken.  My back got pretty beat up and I have some wonderful bruises.

This was only the beginning of the fun times.  Remember my mantra… “If it’s worth doing, it’s worth over doing.”  Well,  there’s more to come.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my Goodness!! You know, I have checked your blog a couple of times over the last few days, and thought - she hasn't updated for a while, I wonder if everything is OK. Now I know! Do you need anything, Please let us help out if there is anything that you need. That must have been really scary, and there's more to come??? I'll be waiting to hear more. Take care and be careful!!

Mimi Sue said...

WOW! You're famous! I thought you were having a great time with the husband and family. I need to hear all the details when you're up to it. Can I bring over a casserole? Mimi

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

Janis.
You're SO MUCH like me. I always act first, then think later. I plunge into things I have no business tackling,etc., etc.,etc....But seriously, I'm so grateful you're alright. Tender mercies!!!
I just came over to thank you for your necklace order and Ka-Pow...I learn you almost got killed. Well...you know...
Please be careful and take it easy and let others serve YOU for awhile!
Your necklace will be in the mail tomorrow. Thanks Janis.

Joni said...

Janis! I'm so glad that you are okay. Can I recommend head gear and body armor next time? :) Be Careful!!!